The Life of Pi A Topic for IELTS TEST



The following things I write it, the focusing is preparing for my English Oral test.  Since I felt it is the original work of mine, I post here.

The topic reminds me of a book entitled The Life Of Pi which I have always wanted to read (again). It’s a fantasy adventure novel by a Canadian author Yann Martel.

The protagonist of the book is Pi, an India boy who explores issues of spirituality and practicality from an early age. His family decided to settle in Canada, but they suffered a horrible storm. Pi is the only survivor of his family. He survives 227 days after a shipwreck while standing on a lifeboat in the Pacific Ocean with a tiger named Richard Park.

To be honest, I saw the film ‘The Life Of Pi’ at first, and I was intrigued by this fantasy story. And then I started to read this book. I found it worth reading. The story itself is already amazing. Something that the author wants to say in the book is impressive. For example, it said: All life is independent, and that we live and breathe via belief. Meanwhile, it is also said: If you stumble at mere believability, what are you living for, In fact, these questions are really profound for me; I have no answer about it. Whenever I read the book, it always got me thinking about life.

The other success of this book is that the reader is left to ponder at the end whether Pi’s story is another set of parallel events. I love the open ending of the story than one fixed result. Even though I am rather busy now, but once time allows it, I will start re-reading the book, because I am sure I will get a new perspective into the story.

Comments

Popular Posts