Contemplation after an adventure story


Click here to listen: become_a_captain.mp3
Click here to listen: become_a_pilot.mp3  
  Recently, I heard a podcast story and I was intrigued by it for a while. It'a story about the journey, adventures, and lifestyle. I try to retell it here as short as I can. A middle-aged Chinese man starts his life in a sailboat with less money, lack of professional skills, and poor English language ability except for his enthusiasm for the ocean, his longing for adventures in uncertain life, and the desire for the freedom. Of course, he has support from his wife and daughter. The Chinese family began their odyssey, sailed from east Asia to Oceania, Their destination is Australia, afterward, the man sold his boat and began to explore the sky. The family soar in the sky with a powered hang glider ( a kind of micro aircraft which looks like a bicycle with delta wings).

  The man and the story of this kind is rare. I feel the man is a little bit kind of crazy, a little bit ignorant even insane. When his peers focus on house, car, and wealth in China. He disposed of all his property and abandoned ordinary, comfortable, but a little monotonous life. Definitely, he encounters lots of embarrassments, difficulties, even dangers in their journey. Fortunately and eventually, he achieved his excursion since his family backup him, meanwhile, they keep struggling and learning skills during their odyssey. They went through all their adventures. It seems that they also got a lot through their journey.

  Once I heard the story I intend to post on my social media, I want to share it and let more people know this. But I do not post it eventually. I feel it's a kind of childish for me. I consider that not everyone will be attracted by the story. It's not appealing to everyone. From my perspective, except for choosing to venture in uncertainty, the person who is working hard and living in a monotonous daily routine but providing the family with economic security are respectable. I consider most of the people take this option as their lifestyle.

  ‘Life is a journey.' I believe this cliché. Life will always be a journey regardless of whatever lifestyle you take, regardless of more or fewer adventures you want to have. Our choice is diverse depends on our life stage, economic situation, character, and even our emotion. As for me, to be frank, I passively or positively take the safe way in the most time of my life. And I am grateful for what life has given me. However, I am still longing for adventures, I expect amazing and exciting things in the future of my life. I am willing to accept lots of uncertainty, difficulty, even dangers among these merriments.


  ‘stay curious and keep exploring'. That's another cliché. I try my hard to follow it and remind myself again and again and again. The one stage is over, the other is beginning. I am sure whatever I will encounter in the new stage of my life, my family stands with me, it is the new stage of our life. We are in our journey, and the adventure begins, and it is beginning.

Comments

Popular Posts